Sorbus commixta 'Embley'
(Japanese Rowan) Sorbus commixta 'Embley' is a small tree which has a spectacular display of red berries and scarlet autumn colours in late October.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A small tree native to Japan, the far east of Russia and Korea, Sorbus commixta 'Embley' has a spectacular display of red and gold autumn colours in late October. Pale white flowers in early summer are followed by small clusters of glistening, deep-red fruit.
A handsome tree with excellent autumn interest, suitable for most gardens or woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Sorbus commixta 'Embley' grows to be a small, branching, rounded tree.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: This Sorbus is usually considered to be a tough, low maintenance garden tree.
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Screening/Hedge
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £19.95
New Price Each £15.00
New Price Each £25.00