Sorbus 'Autumn Spire' (Flanrock)
(Columnar Rowan) A new Rowan, Sorbus 'Autumn Spire' has a compact, narrow, upright habit with glowing orange and red autumn colour once established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A new Rowan, Sorbus 'Autumn Spire' has a compact, narrow, upright habit with glowing orange and red autumn colour once established. Clusters of white flowers in early summer are followed by vivid yellow fruit which compliment the autumn colour.
Sorbus 'Autumn Spire' is a cracking small tree suitable for small gardens due to the narrow habit.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils. Sorbus 'Autumn Spire' does not usually enjoy wet or waterlogged soil and needs decent drainage to thrive.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus 'Autumn Spire' grows to be a very small, branching tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like