Sambucus nigra 'Golden Tower'
(Upright Elder) New to us, Sambucus nigra 'Golden Tower' is a deciduous shrub with handsome deeply cut, golden-green leaves in summer and a loosely upright habit.
New to us, Sambucus nigra 'Golden Tower' is a deciduous shrub with handsome deeply cut, golden-green leaves in summer and a loosely upright habit. Clustes of white flowers on the branches in spring are followed by small black fruit in autumn.
A spectacular foliage plant, the most colourful summer leaves will usually be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade..
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized, upright shrub if not pruned at all.
- Height: 3 - 3.5 m (10 - 12 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Gold/Yellow