Sambucus nigra 'Golden Tower'
(Upright Elder) New to us, Sambucus nigra 'Golden Tower' is a deciduous shrub with handsome deeply cut, golden-green leaves in summer and a loosely upright habit.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Sambucus nigra 'Golden Tower' is a deciduous shrub with handsome deeply cut, golden-green leaves in summer and a loosely upright habit. Clustes of white flowers on the branches in spring are followed by small black fruit in autumn.
A spectacular foliage plant, the most colourful summer leaves will usually be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade..
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized, upright shrub if not pruned at all.
- Height: 3 - 3.5 m (10 - 12 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow