Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace'
(Cut-leaved Black Elder ) A splendid hardy shrub with lovely finely divided, purple-black leaves which are particularly striking when viewed against a bright background or open sky.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A splendid hardy shrub with lovely finely divided, purple-black leaves which are particularly striking when viewed against a bright background or open sky. Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' also has pretty clusters of rich pinkish-white flowers in midsummer.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' grows to be a medium sized, upright shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' can be pruned back hard if required.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Purple/Red