- Sold Out
Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata'
(Cut-leaved Elder) A handsome shrub with deeply cut green leaves, Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' is very hardy and has leaves which are similar to that of a cut-leaf Japanese Maples.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A handsome shrub with deeply cut green leaves, Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' is very hardy and has leaves which are similar to that of a cut-leaf Japanese Maples. Wide clusters of creamy-white flowers appear on the branches in early to mid summer and stand out well against the dark green leaves.
Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' is a superb back border shrub for foliage which can be pruned back hard if required. It can also be grown in a large pot or container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Sambucus nigra 'Laciniata' grows to be a large rounded shrub which can be pruned back hard on a yearly basis to limit the size if required.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Unusual Shape