Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki'
Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki' is a slow growing, hardy dwarf tree with a rounded habit and lovely silvery-white variegated leaves with young foliage in spring tinted pink.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Dwarf Variegated Willow) A popular dwarf garden tree, Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki' has striking, pink and cream variegated foliage which is particularly colourful as it emerges in Spring. Small yellow catkins appear one the branches in early Spring once established.
Excellent grown in a container for summer foliage effect. Avoid hot, very dry soils.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soil. Avoid very dry soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub or very small tree with a stem and rounded head of branches.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Catkins, Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
You might also like