Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki'
(Dwarf Variegated Willow) Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki' is a slow growing, hardy dwarf tree with a rounded habit and lovely silvery-white variegated leaves with young foliage in spring tinted pink.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A popular dwarf garden tree, Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki' has striking, pink and cream variegated foliage which is particularly colourful as it emerges in Spring. Small yellow catkins appear one the branches in early Spring once established.
Excellent grown in a container for summer foliage effect. Avoid hot, very dry soils.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soil. Avoid very dry soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub or very small tree with a stem and rounded head of branches.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Catkins, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Variegated
You might also like