Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak'
(Caspian Willow) A vigorous willow, Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' has a distinctive blueish-white bloom on the stems (hence the name 'Blue Streak') and masses of silver catkins in spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A vigorous willow, Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' has a distinctive blueish-white bloom on the stems (hence the name 'Blue Streak') and masses of silver catkins in spring. The leaves are light green, quite narrow and faintly resemble those of a bamboo.
Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' has year round interest, but is particularly eye-catching in winter when the stems can be clearly seen.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' enjoys damp or wet soils but avoid areas prone to flooding.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large, branching shrub with a rounded habit if left unpruned.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Salix acutifolia 'Blue Streak' makes an effective garden plant if pruned back to 30 cm (1 ft) above the ground each spring before coming into leaf. This reduces the end size and encourages it to produce vigorous arching stems.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Catkins, Ornamental Bark