Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma'
(Golden Weeping Willow) Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' is a vigorous, medium sized tree which enjoys damp ground conditions with narrow green leaves and long elegant, weeping branches.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
The traditional weeping willow, Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' is a fast growing tree which forms an elegant, weeping dome once established. The young shoots are a rich golden colour, which slowly darken to brown as they mature and the leaves are pale green and narrow.
Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' is a superb large tree for planting next to streams or ponds!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' enjoys damp or wet soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized, rounded tree with long, weeping branches.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft) .
- Notes: Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' has a vigorous root system and this tree should not be planted to close to buildings or drains as the roots can cause damage to foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m), Tree - Large (15m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Windy, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Habit - Weeping