(Evergreen Oak) A rare tree in the United Kingdom, Quercus semecarpifolia has eye-catching leaves and is native to a huge area from Eastern Afghanistan to Western China.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare tree in the United Kingdom, Quercus semecarpifolia has eye-catching leaves and is native to a huge area from Eastern Afghanistan to Western China. An evergreen oak, this has large dark green, glossy, leathery leaves with a white underside which can be up to 10 - 12 cm long on an established plant.
Quercus semecarpifolia is a sought after species of oak which is ideal for for warm, sunny gardens.
- Position: Warm in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Quercus semecarpifolia requires a position with plenty of summer heat to do well in the U.K. and requires protection in severe winters.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small tree with a branching rounded crown.
- Height: eventually up to 10 m (32 ft) in many years. Much smaller in the short term.
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Important: Please also note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a Quercus semecarpifolia which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!