Quercus x bimundorum 'Crimson Spire'
Quercus x bimundorum 'Crimson Spire' is a splendid new introduction to the United Kingdom with bright red autumn colour and an upright, columnar habit.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A splendid new introduction to the United Kingdom, this oak tree has fiery red autumn colour and an upright, columnar habit. Quercus x bimundorum 'Crimson Spire' is a hybrid between an upright form of Quercus robur and Quercus alba and has dark green leaves which turn a vivid, rusty red in autumn before falling.
Mature specimens have a reasonably narrow, upright habit and this is an ideal choice of oak tree for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained ground. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate or vigorous.
- Habit: Quercus x bimundorum 'Crimson Spire' grows to be a medium sized, columnar tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Quercus x bimundorum 'Crimson Spire' is reasonably drought tolerant and resistant to powdery mildew.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow
You might also like