(Flowering Cherry) Prunus 'Daikoku' is a lovely small tree once established with a fairly upright habit initially and masses of double pale pink flowers in Spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Prunus 'Daikoku' is a lovely small tree once established with a fairly upright habit initially and masses of double pale pink flowers in Spring. The leave soften are bronze tinted when they emerge in Spring, turning dark green later on in summer with red, orange & gold autumn tints before falling.
Prunus 'Daikoku' will generally give its best display of flowers if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - early May.
- Flower Colour: Pink.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus 'Daikoku' grows to be a small tree, usually upright initially rounding out once mature.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring