Prunus x yedoensis 'Shidare-Yoshino'
(Weeping ornamental Cherry) Prunus x yedoensis 'Shidare-Yoshino' is a very beautiful small tree with weeping branches covered with pale pink or white blushed flowers in late March or early April.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
Prunus x yedoensis 'Shidare-Yoshino' is a very beautiful small tree with weeping branches covered with pale pink or white blushed flowers in late March or early April. The leaves are bronze tinted when they emerge in Spring, turning dark green in summer with attractive orange, yellow and red autumn colour.
Suitable for gardens with limited space, established trees develop branches which cascade to the ground.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Late March - April.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink to white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus x yedoensis 'Shidare-Yoshino' grows to be a small tree with weeping branches once established. Tie the leader to a tall cane or similar until it reaches a height you are happy with before allowing it to weep.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering in Spring, Habit - Weeping, Habit - Architectural, Rare and Unusual