Prunus serrulata 'Royal Burgundy'
(Flowering Cherry) Prunus serrulata 'Royal Burgundy' is a beautiful cherry tree with pink flowers and colourful burgundy leaves in spring and summer which take on crimson and scarlet tints in a good, crisp autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A beautiful cherry tree with pink flowers and colourful burgundy leaves in spring and summer which take on crimson and scarlet tints in a good, crisp autumn. In spring Prunus serrulata 'Royal Burgundy' has a myriad of lovely, deep pink flowers which contrast very well against the darker coloured leaves!
When mature the bark becomes particularly ornamental, turning a glossy, coppery/dark red colour and peeling.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: Deep pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus serrulata 'Royal Burgundy' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)