(Weeping Cherry) Prunus 'Kiku-shidare-zakura' is a popular and elegant, small weeping cherry tree with arching branches which are covered with bright pink, double flowers in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Prunus 'Kiku-shidare-zakura' is a popular and elegant, small weeping cherry tree with arching branches which are covered with bright pink, double flowers in spring. The leaves are bronze when they first emerge in spring, turning a dark green later in the year.
A trained, mature plant can look a little like a fountain of trailing branches and bloom when in full flower. Prunus 'Kiku-shidare-zakura' is a lovely small, flowering garden tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained ground. Avoid waterlogged sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus 'Kiku-shidare-zakura' grows to be a small weeping tree with arching branches once established.
- Height: up to 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: The Japanese name of this lovely plant translates to 'Weeping Chrysanthemum Cherry'. Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Habit - Weeping
You might also like