Populus deltoides 'Purple Tower'
(Purple-leaved Poplar) A new introduction to the United Kingdom, Populus deltoides 'Purple Tower' is an attractive upright tree with eye-catching dark red / purple leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A new introduction to the United Kingdom, Populus deltoides 'Purple Tower' is an attractive upright tree with eye-catching dark red / purple leaves. The leaves are supported on dark red stems speckled in beige.
Ideal as a specimen tree for adding a splash of colour to your garden. Populus deltoides 'Purple Tower' can also be pruned heavily on a yearly basis to produce a smaller, more shrub-like plant with a lovely display of purple leaves.
We have found Populus deltoides 'Purple Tower' to be hardy here in South Derbyshire but it seems to do best in well drained soil with plenty of sunlight. Try to avoid wet, waterlogged ground.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Upright, medium sized, narrow tree.
- Height: 10 m+ (32 ft)
- Spread: 3 m(10 ft)
- Important: Populus deltoides 'Purple Tower' has a vigorous root system and should not be planted close to drains or house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Habit - Narrow
You might also like