Picea smithiana 'Sunray'
(Golden Morinda Spruce) A rare and slow growing conifer, Picea smithiana 'Sunray' grows to be a small evergreen tree eventually with elegant arching branches covered with golden-green needles.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands .
with Sagepay (Opayo) our website payment provider
A rare and slow growing conifer, Picea smithiana 'Sunray' grows to be a small evergreen tree eventually with elegant arching branches covered with golden-green needles.
Best in a position with sun or light, dappled shade with some shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade. Leaves may scorch in prolonged hot sunshine - some light, dappled shade would be preferable in hot gardens.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Although fully hardy once established, Picea smithiana 'Sunray' can be vulnerable to late spring frost as a young plant and planting in known frost pockets should be avoided.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a small conical tree.
- Height: estimated 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Notes: Picea smithiana 'Sunray' is slow growing and will take many years to reach the above height.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Architectural, Rare and Unusual, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
Frequently Purchased With
Popular PlantsNew Price Each £13.95New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £85.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £14.95Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
Regular price £15.00 -5% New Price Each £14.25
- Reduced price
- On sale!