Picea abies 'Nidiformis'
(Dwarf Spruce) A slow growing spruce, Picea abies 'Nidiformis' is very compact and densely branching, evergreen shrub with a rounded habit once established and light green needles.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A slow growing spruce, Picea abies 'Nidiformis' is very compact and densely branching, evergreen shrub with a rounded habit once established and light green needles.
Not for instant gratification, Picea abies 'Nidiformis' is most suited for a well drained soil in sun or light, dappled shade. It also grows very well in a rockery or large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained soil. Avoid planting in wet areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow indeed!
- Habit: Compact, densely branching, rounded conifer once established..
- Height: 0.75 - 1 m (3 ft) - in many years!
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers