Picea abies 'Nidiformis'
(Dwarf Spruce) A slow growing spruce, Picea abies 'Nidiformis' is very compact and densely branching, evergreen shrub with a rounded habit once established and light green needles.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A slow growing spruce, Picea abies 'Nidiformis' is very compact and densely branching, evergreen shrub with a rounded habit once established and light green needles.
Not for instant gratification, Picea abies 'Nidiformis' is most suited for a well drained soil in sun or light, dappled shade. It also grows very well in a rockery or large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained soil. Avoid planting in wet areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow indeed!
- Habit: Compact, densely branching, rounded conifer once established..
- Height: 0.75 - 1 m (3 ft) - in many years!
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, To grow in a pot