(Serbian Spruce) An unusual native of Serbia, Picea omorika is a handsome medium sized, evergreen spruce with a very narrow, spire-like habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 8 - 12 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual native of Serbia, Picea omorika is a medium sized, evergreen spruce with a narrow, spire-like habit. The side branches are short, graceful and covered with dark green, glossy needles that have a silvery underside. Established plants produce egg-shaped cones.
Picea omorika grows to be a very handsome specimen tree!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Prefers moist, fertile soil. Picea omorika will tolerate a wide range of soil types.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Picea omorika grows to be a large tree with a narrow, upright habit once established.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft)
- Spread: up to 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: Once planted and established, Picea omorika does generally not enjoy being moved.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Narrow
You might also like