Physocarpus opulifolius 'Dart's Gold'
(Ninebark) A handsome medium-sized, rounded deciduous shrub with vibrant golden-green leaves in spring and summer turning shades of yellow, orange and purple before they fall in autumn.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A handsome medium-sized, rounded deciduous shrub with vibrant golden-green leaves in spring and summer turning shades of yellow, orange and purple before they fall in autumn. Clusters of small but attractive white flowers appear on the branches in summer. Similar to Physocarpus opulifolius 'Aurea' but the golden-leaves are less likely to scorch in hot, sunny weather.
Physocarpus opulifolius 'Dart's Gold' will usually have its best display of colourful spring leaves if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp ground with good drainage (avoid waterlogged soil)
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Physocarpus opulifolius 'Dart's Gold' grows to be a medium sized, compact shrub. Can be pruned to shape if required after flowering.
- Height: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Foliage - Gold/Yellow
- On sale!
- On sale!