Phormium 'Evening Glow'
(New Zealand flax) Phormium tenax 'Evening Glow' is a highly ornamental evergreen plant with long, sword-shaped leaves, dark bronze-green in colour with lovely coppery-pink variegation.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
Phormium tenax 'Evening Glow' is a highly ornamental evergreen plant with long, sword-shaped leaves, dark bronze-green in colour with lovely coppery-pink variegation.
Foliage colour will be most eye-catching if planted in a warm, sunny position. Can be grown in a large container if required. Avoid planting in cold, windy areas.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained yet moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Phormium tenax 'Evening Glow' is very tolerant of sea winds and coastal gardens.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small shrub arching leaves.
- Height: 80 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: 80 - 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: Although Phormium is generally hardy in mild or coastal parts of the UK, it can still be severely damaged or killed if left unprotected in a cold winter. As such it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers, Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Variegated
- On sale!