Parrotia persica 'Felicie'
(Persian Ironwood) A rare selection of Ironwood, Parrotia persica 'Felicie' looks stunning in our woodland garden with our young specimen giving a long lasting display of deep red/purple autumn colour.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare selection of Ironwood, Parrotia persica 'Felicie' looks stunning in our woodland garden with our young specimen giving a long lasting display of deep red/purple autumn colour. The autumn colour starts with us sometimes as early as late August or September and lasts until late November.
Parrotia persica 'Felicie' grows to be a handsome small or eventually medium sized tree and will usually produce its best display of autumn colour in a position with full sun, where the leaves light up like stained glass.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: January - February.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Parrotia persica 'Felicie' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized branching tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 4 m (13 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft) / [2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual
You might also like