(Japanese Spurge) Pachysandra terminalis is a tough, evergreen, ground cover plant which is very useful as ground cover, growing in most soils and in sun or shade.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A tough, evergreen, ground cover plant which is native to the moist deciduous woods of China and Japan. Pachysandra terminalishas dark green, glossy leaves and clusters of tiny white flowers in early summer.
Over time Pachysandra terminalis grows to form a dense, spreading mat. A versatile, low maintenance plant with will grow well in very heavy shade!
- Position: Sun or shade. Pachysandra terminalis will grow well in heavy shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May to June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Pachysandra terminalis grows to be a spreading, dense ground cover plant.
- Height: 0.2 m (1/2 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: If planting Pachysandra terminalis to cover a large area within a reasonable time frame, we would suggest planting several at 80 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft) apart.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
You might also like