Osmanthus yunnanensis is a remarkable large evergreen shrub or small tree with lovely scented flowers that is a native to the Yunnan province of China.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A remarkable large evergreen shrub or small tree with lovely scented flowers that is a native to the Yunnan province of China. Osmanthus yunnanensis was introduced to the U.K. by the plantsman George Forrest in 1921 and has bold, coarsely toothed, deep green leaves and beautiful, ivory-white and sweetly fragrant flowers in late winter.
Osmanthus yunnanensis is well worth planting near to a house door or in a often used area of the garden to make the most of the flowers excellent fragrance.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. This plant requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: February - April.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Osmanthus yunnanensis grows to be a large shrub or eventually small rounded tree.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Evergreen, Scented, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £19.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £65.00New Price Each £16.95
New Price Each £16.50New Price Each £35.00