(Chinese Osmanthus) Osmanthus delavayi is an evergreen shrub with small, glossy, dark-green leaves and clusters of fragrant, jasmine-like, white flowers in late spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful evergreen plant, native to Western China, Osmanthus delavayi has small, glossy, dark-green leaves and clusters of fragrant, jasmine-like, white flowers in late spring. These flowers stand out well against the darker foliage.
Osmanthus delavayi is a delightful garden shrub and in our opinion is best planted in an often visited area of a garden where the fragrance can be appreciated in spring.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Osmanthus delavayi grows to be a medium sized or large branching shrub over time.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Winter, Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Scented, Screening/Hedge