(Chinese Osmanthus) Osmanthus delavayi is an evergreen shrub with small, glossy, dark-green leaves and clusters of fragrant, jasmine-like, white flowers in late spring.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A beautiful evergreen plant, native to Western China, Osmanthus delavayi has small, glossy, dark-green leaves and clusters of fragrant, jasmine-like, white flowers in late spring. These flowers stand out well against the darker foliage.
Osmanthus delavayi is a delightful garden shrub and in our opinion is best planted in an often visited area of a garden where the fragrance can be appreciated in spring.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Osmanthus delavayi grows to be a medium sized or large branching shrub over time.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering in Winter, Flowering in Spring, To grow in a pot, Evergreen, Scented, Screening/Hedge