- Sold Out
(Tibetan Neillia) Neillia thibetica is a beautiful, yet often overlooked hardy, medium sized shrub which is covered with racemes of pink flowers in summer. The flowers are popular with bees and butterflies.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
A beautiful, yet overlooked shrub which is native to rocky areas of Western China. Neillia thibetica has pale green leaves and slender racemes of pink, tubular flowers in early summer. These flowers are very popular with butterflies and bees. The bare stems in winter are a striking, chestnut brown.
Neillia thibetica is a lovely and unusual flowering garden plant, well suited to a position in sun or light, dappled shade!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Neillia thibetica grows to be a medium sized shrub with arching branches once established.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: A specimen of Neillia thibetica, planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 1.75 m and a spread of 1.5 m after 8 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Suitable for Containers
- Sold Out