(Tibetan Neillia) Neillia thibetica is a beautiful, yet often overlooked hardy, medium sized shrub which is covered with racemes of pink flowers in summer. The flowers are popular with bees and butterflies.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A beautiful, yet overlooked shrub which is native to rocky areas of Western China. Neillia thibetica has pale green leaves and slender racemes of pink, tubular flowers in early summer. These flowers are very popular with butterflies and bees. The bare stems in winter are a striking, chestnut brown.
Neillia thibetica is a lovely and unusual flowering garden plant, well suited to a position in sun or light, dappled shade!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Neillia thibetica grows to be a medium sized shrub with arching branches once established.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: A specimen of Neillia thibetica, planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 1.75 m and a spread of 1.5 m after 8 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Suitable for Containers