Nandina domestica 'Firepower'
(Heavenly Bamboo) A striking compact, rounded evergreen shrub with bright green, slightly odd looking, flattened summer leaves which develop vibrant red and orange tints in cold autumn and winter weather.
Suitable for sun or dappled shade. Grows well in a large container.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Nandina domestica 'Firepower' is striking compact, rounded evergreen shrub with bright green, slightly odd looking, flattened summer leaves which develop vibrant red and orange tints in cold autumn and winter weather. Established plants develop clusters of dainty white flowers in summer which are followed by shiny red berries in autumn.
Nandina domestica 'Firepower' is a superb plant for warm borders or for planting next to a sunny wall or door. Does very well in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, well drained, fertile soil. Not suitable for waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Nandina domestica 'Firepower' requires protection from cold winter winds and may loose its leaves in a severe winter.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Nandina domestica 'Firepower' grows to be a compact rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft).
- Notes: Nandina domestica 'Firepower' requires a warm and sunny site to fruit reliably each year.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Purple/Red, Honey Fungus Resistant