Nandina domestica 'Obsessed'
(Heavenly Bamboo) A new selection, Nandina domestica 'Obsessed' is a compact, semi-evergreen shrub with handsome leaves which are eye-catching purple-red in colour when young
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A new selection, Nandina domestica 'Obsessed' is a compact, semi-evergreen shrub with handsome leaves which are eye-catching purple-red in colour when young, turning dark green as they mature. Conical clusters of pretty flowers appear once established in mid summer.
Nandina domestica 'Obsessed' is ideal for growing in a container and is best suited for a garden sheltered from cold winter winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, fertile soil. Not suitable for waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Nandina domestica 'Obsessed' requires protection from cold winter winds and may loose its leaves in a severe winter.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Nandina domestica 'Obsessed' grows to be a small shrub with a compact, upright habit.
- Height: 80 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft).
- Spread: 60 - 80 cm (2 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like