Ugni molinae 'Flambeau'
(Myrtle or or Chilean Guava) Ugni molinae 'Flambeau' is a slow growing, compact evergreen shrub with eye-catching white, green and pink variegation.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Ugni molinae 'Flambeau' is a slow growing, compact evergreen shrub with eye-catching white, green and pink variegation. Attractive bell-shaped white flowers appear on the branches in summer followed by small red fruit in late summer or autumn.
Most suited to a position in sun or light, dappled shade in a warm, sheltered garden! Can be grown in a large container. Not suitable for cold, windy areas.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, lime free soil.
- Hardiness: Requires a warm position. Ugni molinae 'Flambeau' requires shelter from cold winter winds and protection in cold winters. If grown in a large container be prepared to move it into a unheated greenhouse or similar in the winter.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ugni molinae 'Flambeau' eventually grows to be a small to medium sized shrub with a bushy, rounded habit.
- Height: 1 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Also known as Myrtus molinae 'Flambeau' . Please be aware that Ugni molinae 'Flambeau' can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Variegated