Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush'
(Golden-leaved Dawn Redwood) Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' is a superb conical tree with vivid golden-yellow foliage in summer which does not burn in strong sunlight.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Introduced to Britain in 2000, this is a stunning selection of Metasequoia with fantastic, soft golden-yellow foliage all summer. A deciduous tree, the golden leaves turn an attractive orange-bronze colour before falling in autumn.
Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' is a little less vigorous then the classic species and grows to be a striking tree with a narrow, upright habit, ideal for gardens or woodland.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large, slender tree with a narrow, conical habit.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft). [6 m (20 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft). [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: We have found that the Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' planted in our gardens has never shown any signs of scorch in a full sun position, despite the delicate seeming golden leaves.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m), Tree - Large (15m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Habit - Narrow