(Dawn Redwood) Metasequoia glyptostroboides is a handsome conical, deciduous tall tree with green, feathery leaves which turn burnt-gold or bronze before falling in autumn.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands .
with Sagepay (Opayo) our website payment provider
A handsome conical tree, Metasequoia is a deciduous conifer with green, feathery leaves which turn burnt-gold or bronze before falling in autumn.
Discovered in 1941 in Western China, this species has been on earth for many millions of years and the common name, "Dawn Redwood" refers to the dawn of time.
An elegant and narrow garden tree, Metasequoia is also a fantastic screening or windbreak tree when planted in rows!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Metasequoia glyptostroboides particularly enjoys damp or wet sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a large tree with a narrow, conical habit.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft)+.
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Metasequoia glyptostroboides is tolerant of atmospheric pollution and generally grows well in urban areas.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Screening/Hedge, Colourful winter bark
Frequently Purchased WithNew Price Each £32.00New Price Each £40.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £32.00Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £48.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £14.95
- On sale!
Popular PlantsNew Price Each £13.95New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £85.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £14.95Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
Regular price £15.00 -5% New Price Each £14.25
- Reduced price
- On sale!