(Crab Apple) New to us, Malus 'Cowichan' is a very handsome spreading, tree with masses of pale rose-pink flowers in spring followed by red fruit in late summer and autumn once established.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
New to us, Malus 'Cowichan' is a very handsome spreading, tree with masses of pale rose-pink flowers in spring followed by red fruit in late summer and autumn once established. The leaves are dark green in summer, sometimes tinged with purple when young with yellow, orange or red autumn tints.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Cowichan' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit. Sometimes wemi-weeping once very established.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Cowichan' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible