(Crabapple) New to us, Malus 'Candymint' is a small, spreading tree with dark green leaves and masses of beautiful pink flowers (deep pink when in bud) in spring.
A stunning small tree developing some horizontally-tired branches once established.
New to us, Malus 'Candymint' is a small, spreading tree with masses of beautiful light pink flowers (deep pink when in bud) in spring. These flowers are followed by long lasting purple fruit in autumn. The leaves are green in the summer with yellow/orange autumn tints before they fall.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil (avoid waterlogging).
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Candymint' grows to be a very small, spreading tree.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Candymint' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Wildlife Friendly - Birds