(Toringo Crab Apple) Very rare crab apple native to the hills and mountains of Japan, Malus sieboldii has masses of flower and bright green leaves which turn bright orange or red in autumn before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Very rare crab apple native to the hills and mountains of Japan, Malus sieboldii has masses of flower and bright variable green leaves which turn bright orange or red in autumn before falling. In spring it has fragrant pink flowers which open and slowly fade to white, followed by clusters of small yet pretty yellow or pale red fruit hanging from the branches in autumn.
Malus sieboldii is popular with insects, encourages wildlife and makes a very attractive and unusual garden tree.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink fading to white.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus sieboldii grows to be a very small tree with a rounded habit.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft) / or up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) after 10 years.
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft) / or up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Rare and Unusual, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Good for Wildlife (Birds), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)