Malus 'Jelly King'
(Crab Apple) An excellent choice of tree for edible crab apples, Malus 'Jelly King' is grown for its pretty, white flowers in spring and its large, orange-pink fruit in autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An excellent choice of tree for edible crab apples, Malus 'Jelly King' is grown for its pretty, white flowers in spring and its large, orange-pink fruit in autumn. These fruit are larger then those of the other crab apples listed here and particularly suitable for cooking and by all accounts make a great crab apple jelly!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Jelly King' grows to be a compact small tree rounded crown.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: Malus 'Jelly King' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Edible, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like