Malus x 'Red Sentinel'
(Crab Apple) A very ornamental fruiting tree, Malus x 'Red Sentinel' has delicate, scented white flowers in spring, and cascading clusters of deep-red fruit which last long into the winter.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A very ornamental fruiting tree, Malus x 'Red Sentinel' has delicate, scented white flowers in spring, and cascading clusters of deep-red fruit which last long into the winter. The leaves are light green in spring / summer and turn lovely shades of yellow and gold before falling in autumn.
Malus x 'Red Sentinel' is a spectacular and easy to grow, small garden tree with good year round interest!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus x 'Red Sentinel' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Pruning: Malus x 'Red Sentinel' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible, Screening/Hedge, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like