Malus x 'Gorgeous'
(Crab Apple) Grown for its blossom and fruit, Malus x 'Gorgeous' is a small tree with masses of very large flowers (up to 3cm across) which are pink in bud and open to pure white
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Grown for its blossom and fruit, Malus x 'Gorgeous' has masses of very large flowers (up to 3cm across) which are pink in bud and open to pure white. In autumn, large numbers of glossy, orange-red fruit appear on the branches.
An upright and open tree when young, this starts to spread as it matures with gently weeping branches. The fruit can be cooked to make good crab apple jelly!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus x 'Gorgeous' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded crown.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Malus x 'Gorgeous' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like