Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure'
(Mahonia x Berberis) A tough small, evergreen shrub, Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' has leaves which are dark green generally but can develop startling red and orange tints on some leaves in autumn.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A tough small, evergreen shrub, Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' has leaves which are dark green generally but can develop startling red and orange tints on some leaves in autumn. Small upright soft-yellow flower spikes appear on the branches in late spring.
Slow growing but unusual and interesting, x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' is not a plant for instant gratification but grows well in most areas and the prickly leaves make this a superb barrier plant in time!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' grows to be a small densely branching shrub with a rounded habit.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Notes: We have a specimen of x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery. At 10 years old, it had reached a height of 1 m and a spread of 1 m.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers