Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure'
(Mahonia x Berberis) A tough small, evergreen shrub, Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' has leaves which are dark green generally but can develop startling red and orange tints on some leaves in autumn.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A tough small, evergreen shrub, Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' has leaves which are dark green generally but can develop startling red and orange tints on some leaves in autumn. Small upright soft-yellow flower spikes appear on the branches in late spring.
Slow growing but unusual and interesting, x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' is not a plant for instant gratification but grows well in most areas and the prickly leaves make this a superb barrier plant in time!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' grows to be a small densely branching shrub with a rounded habit.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Notes: We have a specimen of x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery. At 10 years old, it had reached a height of 1 m and a spread of 1 m.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (under 5 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering in Spring, To grow in a pot
- On sale!
- On sale!