Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure'
(Mahonia x Berberis) A tough small, evergreen shrub, Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' has leaves which are dark green generally but can develop startling red and orange tints on some leaves in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A tough small, evergreen shrub, Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' has leaves which are dark green generally but can develop startling red and orange tints on some leaves in autumn. Small upright soft-yellow flower spikes appear on the branches in late spring.
Slow growing but unusual and interesting, x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' is not a plant for instant gratification but grows well in most areas and the prickly leaves make this a superb barrier plant in time!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure' grows to be a small densely branching shrub with a rounded habit.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Notes: We have a specimen of x Mahoberberis 'Dart's Treasure', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery. At 10 years old, it had reached a height of 1 m and a spread of 1 m.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot