Magnolia x 'Charles Coates'
Magnolia x 'Charles Coates' is a cross between Magnolia sieboldii and Magnolia tripetala originally raised at Kew, this fantastic plant has broad, creamy-white fragrant flowers with a cerise center in early summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A cross between Magnolia sieboldii and Magnolia tripetala originally raised at Kew, this fantastic plant has broad, creamy-white fragrant flowers with a cerise center in early summer. The flowers appear in large numbers and as the flowers appear in early summer they generally do not suffer from frost damage.
A fantastic large shrub or eventually small, rounded tree.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Prefers lime free soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White with a cerise centre
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x 'Charles Coates' grows to be a large shrub or small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like