(Siebold's Magnolia) Magnolia sieboldii is an unusual very small tree with a long flowering period and white flowers with a cerise center which have a lovely fruity perfume.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual and lovely species with a long flowering period, Magnolia sieboldii has white flowers with a cerise center and a lovely fruity perfume. A specimen in our own arboretum is always in flower here by the third week in May and is usually still flowering at the end of July. These flowers are followed by crimson fruit clusters in autumn.
Magnolia sieboldii is a beautiful, spreading large shrub or eventually small tree with a long lasting flowering period. On of our favourites!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - July.
- Flower Colour: White with a cerise centre
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia sieboldii grows to be a very small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 6 m (13 - 20 ft).
- Notes: We have a specimen of Magnolia sieboldii, planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery. At 14 years old, it had reached a height of 4 m and a spread of 4 m.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Scented, To grow in a pot
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
You might also like