Lythrum virgatum 'Dropmore Purple'
(Loosestrife) Lythrum virgatum 'Dropmore Purple' is an upright, clump forming perennial with narrow green leaves and spikes of vibrant purplish-red flowers in midsummer.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
Lythrum virgatum 'Dropmore Purple' is an upright, clump forming perennial with narrow green leaves and spikes of vibrant purplish-red flowers in midsummer. The flowers are very popular with insects including bees and butterflies.
Most suited for a position in sun or partial shade with moist but well drained soil. very handsome next to streams and ponds!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lythrum virgatum 'Dropmore Purple' grows to be an upright, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 45 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Suitable for Containers