(Chinese Honeysuckle) Native to parts of China, Lonicera syringantha is a graceful branching shrub with scented, tubular, lilac coloured flowers in early summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Native to parts of China, Lonicera syringantha is a graceful branching shrub with scented, tubular, lilac coloured flowers in early summer. The leaves are a glaucous sea-green in colour. Best display of flowers usually seen when planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, sertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera syringantha grows to be a small to medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- Notes: Lonicera syringantha can be pruned back hard if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like