(Chinese Honeysuckle) Native to parts of China this a graceful branching shrub small to medium sized shrub with scented, tubular, lilac coloured flowers in early summer.
Native to parts of China, Lonicera syringantha is a graceful branching shrub with scented, tubular, lilac coloured flowers in early summer. The leaves are a glaucous sea-green in colour. Best display of flowers usually seen when planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera syringantha grows to be a small to medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- Notes: Lonicera syringantha can be pruned back hard if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Scented, Rare and Unusual