Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty'
(Winter Flowering Honeysuckle) A wonderful semi-evergreen shrub, Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty' is well know for producing masses of creamy-white, fragrant flowers in midwinter.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A wonderful semi-evergreen shrub, Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty' is well know for producing masses of creamy-white, fragrant flowers in midwinter. The scent can carry a significant distance and a plant in our gardens has flowered reliably by Christmas for years. Sprigs cut at this time are ideal for winter flower arrangements.
This winter flowering honeysuckle grows as a superb standalone shrub but can also look fetching when trained against a wall or fence!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: December - March.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty' grows to be a medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Pruning: Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty' can be pruned back hard if necessary in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like