Liriodendron x 'Doc Deforce's Delight'
(Early-flowering Tulip Tree) Liriodendron x 'Doc Deforce's Delight' is a very rare hybrid between Liriodendron chinense and Liriodendron tulipifera which flowers as a much younger plant then the ordinary tulip tree.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Liriodendron x 'Doc Deforce's Delight' is a very rare hybrid between Liriodendron chinense and Liriodendron tulipifera which flowers as a much younger plant then the ordinary tulip tree. The tulip-like flowers usually start to appear after 4 - 8 years on semi-mature specimens. The leaves are dark green, spade-like in shape and turn superb shades of golden yellow before falling in autumn. An exquisite garden tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liriodendron tulipifera does generally not grow well in dry soils, prone to drying out in summer.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green with orange markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Large branching tree.
- Height: 30 m (98 ft).
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft).
- Notes: This plant will produce better quality, larger leaves in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m), Tree - Large (15m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Unusual Shape, Rare and Unusual