Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum'
(Fastigiate Tulip Tree) Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' is a very narrow, columnar form of the American tulip tree with large plate-like leaves which turn butter-yellow in autumn before they fall.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A very narrow, columnar form of the American tulip tree with large plate-like leaves which turn butter-yellow in autumn before they fall. Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' tends to produce flowers slightly earlier then the classic Liriodendron tulipifera, at between 15 - 20 years of age!
The very narrow habit makes Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' more suitable for smaller areas and woodland gardens.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' does generally not grow well in dry soils, prone to drying out in summer.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green with orange markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large tree with a narrow, upright form.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft). (up to 4 m in 10 years)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft). (1 m in 10 years)
- Notes: Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum' will produce better quality, larger leaves in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m), Tree - Large (15m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Habit - Narrow, Foliage - Unusual Shape